Level | Medium
2tbsp olive oil
275g lamb neck fillet, cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1tsp each paprika, turmeric and cumin
¼tsp each cinnamon and ground ginger
1tbsp tomato purée
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
125g (4oz) red lentils
400g can chopped tomatoes
450ml (¾ pint) hot vegetable stock
1tsp runny honey
Handful of fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, add the lamb and cook for a few minutes until browned all over.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the spices and tomato purée, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the potatoes, lentils, tomatoes, hot stock and honey. Season with salt and bring to the boil.
4. Turn heat down to a gentle simmer.
5. Cover the casserole dish with a lid and cook the lamb for 1 1/2 hours, until the lamb is very tender. Serve, sprinkled with coriander leaves.