Level | Easy
250g organic dried chickpeas (You can used tinned ones but it's extra creamy with the overnight soaked version)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
4 tbsp water (save the water that you cooked the chickpeas in - or from the can)
3 tbsp organic sunflower oil
Variations you can also add:
Chilli - a pinch of chilli
Coriander - fresh coriander
Toasted sesame seeds
1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight
2. Bring the soaked chickpeas to a heavy simmer in plenty of water for 2 ½ hours.
3. Once soft, take off the heat and leave to cool.
4. Drain the chickpeas and keep the water to add to the hommous.
5. Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, water and oil in a food processor.
6. Add more oil, lemon juice, garlic or salt to taste. The mixture should be nice and creamy, if it’s not, add more sunflower oil.