Level | Medium
2 large extra ripe bananas (225 gms)
¾ cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt OR almond milk (for a dairy free option)
½ cup coconut sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1½ cups chickpea (gram) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan oven) and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Combine bananas, Greek yogurt and egg in a bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla extract and coconut oil and beat again until combined and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine chickpea (gram) flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined.
4. Slowly pour dry ingredients into the banana mixture and use a wire whisk to mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 40 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes, then carefully invert, remove bread from tin and place back on wire rack to cool completely.