Level | Medium
A handful of dried seaweed (yields about 3 cups soaked)
150grams beef (stewing meat or brisket)
2 tsp garlic (minced)
2 tbsp soup soy sauce
1 tsp rice bran oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
salt and pepper
10 cups water
1. Soak the dried seaweed for about 30 minutes.
2. Once soaked, rinse seaweed 2 or 3 times thoroughly. Drain after each rinse, and squeeze or knead (as if you are working with bread dough) to remove excess salt used in the drying process and rinse off any hidden sand. Drain well, and cut into bite sizes.
3. Cut the beef into thin bite size pieces. Marinade with 1 tbsp of soup soya sauces, garlic, pinch of pepper.
4. Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Sauté the meat with rice bran oil just until the meat is no longer red.
5. Add the seaweed and 1 tbsp of soup soy sauce, and continue to sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Add the water and a sliced onion, and bring it to a boil. Skim off any scum. Add salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat to medium low. Boil, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes until the meat is tender and the broth is slightly milky.